Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer Days!

Dear Family and Friends, 

I just have to start by saying Happy Birthday to my favorite niece tomorrow. :) I love you Kals!! Enjoy your birthday party!

Happy Birthday also to Tiffany and Matt! Love you both!

To Lauren and Daniel - enjoy your wedding day. I'll be thinking of you both! Love you.

I have lots to say because a lot happened this week. I realized that I've been lacking on updating you all with investigators and all of the awesome people we have been finding lately, but that is going to change starting now!

Cleveland and Helen are an older couple. They were found tracting. We have taught them a few times and the last lesson that we had with them was just hilarious. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and Cleveland will not accept the fact that there was a Pre-Earth Life. He was so shocked when we were teaching about it and didn't understand how that could be possible. After reading some scriptures and bearing our testimonies, we left it up to him to pray about it. So we only got through that while teaching the Plan of Salvation. Cleveland is from Jamaica and his wife is Canadian. They are great.

Angie is a new investigator this week, and she came to church! She is a former investigator of a couple of years and tells everyone that she is a Mormon. There are just a few things holding her back from being able to be baptized, but we are so excited to work with her. She lives 30 minutes north of Napanee, so we don't get to see her too often. But some recent converts live in her building, so we get a lot done when we head that way. 

Tina is also a new investigator that we found this week. We actually met her a few weeks back, but we haven't been able to meet with her. She was a back up plan that we had for one of our appointments that fell through, and right as we were walking to her door she was walking out to go sit outside. Timing is perfect! So we were able to talk with her about the Book of Mormon, and she is so solid. No baptism date yet, but soon. :) 

We decided to tract "Green Road" in the beautiful village of Tamworth. We had a dinner appointment up that way, so we decided to work around the area most of the day. We saw Green Road on the map the night before, so we picked that street. Hahah, well turns out Green Road doesn't have any houses!! It is a dirt road surrounded by green. Hence....Green Road. Sister Puruganan and I were laughing for so long. 

There are "Turtle Crossing" signs everywhere in the Greater Napanee area. Well, we finally saw a turtle in the middle of the road!! I have a picture. When we saw it, we pulled over and got out to get a closer look. I think we got too close though because it looked mad. Apparently there are some dangerous turtles, so we were told to be careful. haha

There is a man here named Will that told Sister Puruganan that he would convert for her. He also confessed his love for her. Lets just say....it was a very interesting street conversation. Gotta love Napanee!

Miracle!!! I was able to use my sign language this week! It was so amazing. There was a lady sitting in the park, so I went up and started talking to her. She started signing to me and said "I'm deaf." So I signed back - "I know a little bit of sign language." Her face LIT up, and she smiled SO big. She made us meet some of her friends, too. Unfortunately, I don't know the religious signs, so all I could express is that we are missionaries and teach about Jesus Christ. We gave her and all of her friends cards and pamphlets. They kept signing "thank you" over and over again. I love being placed in the spot where I know I am supposed to be. It was such an incredible experience. 

Christl, who is the nicest lady ever, invited us over for a bon fire on Saturday night. I felt like I was at Girls Camp. It was awesome!

We had dinner last night with the members of the Multi-Cultural Festival committee! I was able to see Ilta again. I showed her pictures of Ashlyn and Brynn, and we both agreed that she looks just like Ashlyn. I am so grateful I met her!

We did yard work almost every single day this week. My allergies hate me! Haha, Sister Puruganan and I have been counting my sneezes and one day I did over 45. Man, spring time up north is a true test of my patience. All in all, I am doing well though. 

Zone Conference will be tomorrow, and it will be bitter-sweet to say goodbye to my mission parents. President and Sister Scott have been SO amazing to me and the rest of the missionaries in the best mission in the world. Sister Scott called us on Sunday morning to see if we were doing okay. They are so thoughtful, and I'm so thankful I met them. I am excited for President and Sister Clayton to get here and for us to get to meet them. :)

Well family, I know a busy week awaits you all, and I hope it is a good one. I love you all so much!! Take care. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

P.S. I do have more pictures this week, but the computer we are using won't allow me to attach them. Stay tuned for next week!

This totally reminded me of Katie!!
Kristi's cheesecake!
Frog....
Turtle.... 
Picnic in the village of Roblin!
Christl picked me some flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment