Monday, June 2, 2014

Napanee Round 3!

Dear Family and Friends,

What an absolutely incredible week it has been.  I will never forget the tender mercies and miracles I was blessed to witness. I guess I’ll spare you all the suspense and let you know that Sister Puruganan and I will be staying in Napanee for another transfer! We are both so excited. The celestial companionship is at it again! Woot woot.

Let’s start with James’ baptism. It was SO POWERFUL. He was baptized on Wednesday evening, and so many members were there to support him. The day itself was a little stressful just getting final preparations made, but the service went so smooth. James got to the church around 5:30 just to relax and take everything in. We took some pictures, and then the service started. It is hard to describe the feeling that is felt when you witness one of your brothers or sisters go under the water and come back up. It’s a feeling that I have tried my whole mission to describe….and I never do it justice. It’s indescribable. Suffice it to say that I have never felt so much peace in my entire life. Truly this is what pure joy feels like, and I never want it to end. After the service we had a nice birthday cake for James, because it was his birthday. James even bought Sister Puruganan and I a cake. Hahah, what a sweetheart. It was a very special day, and I will never forget it. 

We passed off Stephanie to the Kingston Sisters last Tuesday. It was a bittersweet thing, but it's what needs to happen. Now Stephanie's two kids are getting baptized, too! The Gospel is for Families after all. :) On our way back from the lesson, we dropped by a part member family that lives like 25 minutes from Napanee. Well they weren't home, but the less-active mom was. She let us right in, and we were able to visit her for a bit. Her name is Holly, and she was such an answer to prayers! She is a fitness instructor, and she showed us all of these intense exercises to do. I promised her that I would do them for the rest of my mission, if she would read the Book of Mormon everyday. She agreed....what did I get myself into?! I'm soooo sore, hahah. 

We moved Kristi, John, and George to Enterprise which is a town 30 minutes north of Napanee. It is in the middle of NO WHERE. I'm sad that they are moving so far away, but we'll try to go up there as often as k's permit. Their new place wasn't done, so Sister Puruganan and I ended up painting their entire bathroom. Mom - thank you for teaching me how to paint. :)

We had to drop a few investigators this week. It gives us more time to find the elect and those that are truly seeking for the truth. Something that has been really hard for me is completely putting myself out of the equation because you get emotional attachments to these people, and sometimes you just have to accept that it is not their time. That happened with our investigator, Hope. It was one of those "Do or Die Lessons" and the Spirit was so strong. I've become so close with her, but I knew we couldn't keep teaching her. This is the Lord's time....not mine. 

We had Interviews with President and Sister Scott. The last one with them. :(  Not sure how I feel about it. I truly feel like they have become my parents. The interviews went so well. I truly feel like I am in the best mission in the whole world! Luckily, we don't have to say goodbye to them yet because we have Zone Conference at the end of the month. Also, since President Scott presides over the Kingston District, we got to see him again for District Conference. The Saturday night session was in Kingston, but the Sunday session was a broadcast from Salt Lake City. We got to hear from Elder Holland and President Eyring with a few others. It was broadcast all across Canada. Sometimes I forget that I'm in Canada....haha.

Not sure what else to say this week. I'm so glad that everyone is doing so well! Sounds like summer has truly started. It's warming up here, don't worry. It's usually anywhere from 20 - 27 degrees (C), so it's perfect. Although, from my experience last summer, it's going to get A LOT hotter than that. I have a sweet watch tan line though. 

Sister Puruganan and I are so excited for the month of June. Our mission is going for at least 60 baptisms. Last June that was our goal, too....and we got 78. Chills. The mission is sooo unified right now, it's the best. 

Well, I love you all so very much. Be safe. Read the scriptures. Say your prayers. 

Remember - It's better to Look Up.

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"


:)
Lake Ontario!
So Happy :)
Best day.
His Birthday Cake!
I love Sister P!
The view from one of our investigator's backyard!
We went exploring in Bath again!
The Napanee Falls....not as cool as Niagara Falls!
Some of my favorite members!
Felisha! My BFF
I love Kristi French!
So glad I met her!
Hope!
Holding James' chinchilla! Her name is Boaz.
Lynda and Sandy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment