Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy March!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

I just need to apologize in advance...this is going to be a short email. Sister Woolf and I are headed to Niagara Falls with the Cushnie family for the day! So I didn't respond to anyone's personal emails - forgive me!!

As you all may know, next Sunday is transfers. So hold the mail until I give you the go. It would be miraculous if I stayed again....I've been in the area for 6 months and I feel like it's my home now - I never want to leave, which probably means I'm leaving, haha. :)

We had Zone Conference in London, Ontario last week. It was so amazing. I was able to see all of my past companions! Sister Dyer and her companion even slept at our apartment the night before. Then I was able to see Sister Stats, Sister Anderson, and Sister P. We talked a lot about the Godhead and how Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost work together. We pray to Heavenly Father, in the name of Christ, and the Holy Ghost is sent to our hearts and comforts/warns/guides/etc us. We have so much knowledge of the nature of the Godhead, so thankful for that. 

Yesterday Iain received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of a Priest. Tim Cushnie was able to ordain him, and it was incredible. When the prayer was over, Iain had tears running down his cheeks - he was so happy! It truly made me ponder about how far Iain has come in just a few short months. Tim Cushnie has truly changed Iain's life, and it has been so incredible to watch things unfold.

This week I got my eyes checked. I seem to be going more and more blind. The Cushnie family insisted on taking me - and I'm grateful that they did. My right eye changed quite a bit in a short amount of time. The eye doctor that we went to was so incredible! I picked out some cute new glasses!! Maybe I won't be so blind anymore. 

Jackie Cushnie is doing well. We are still teaching her, and she is thinking about baptism on March 23rd. Oh! We have a General Authority coming to the Hamilton Stake on March 23rd. Cool eh? Word on the street is it is Elder Oaks. We'll see. :) Hopefully I'm still here to find out. 

The Vieyra's took us to Montana's on Saturday night. I had ribs and wings, and I thought I was in heaven. So so yummy! I made a Hardcastle of myself - I know you would all be proud. 

Mary and Michael are doing so well. :) Mary agreed to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we just haven't been able to set her with a date yet. It's incredible to see Mary's heart continue to soften. One of the members bought Michael a quad set of scriptures. You should have seen his face when he looked at them. Priceless!!

I know this is short, but I wanted to leave off with these scriptures from 2 Nephi 33: 7-15.

7 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat. 

8 I have charity for the Jew—I say Jew, because I mean them from whence I came. 

9 I also have charity for the Gentiles. But behold, for none of these can I hope except they shall be reconciled unto Christ, and enter into the narrow gate, and walk in the strait path which leads to life, and continue in the path until the end of the day of probation. 

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. 

11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Chris twill show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness. 

12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day. 

13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come. 

14 And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God,behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day. 

15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.

Love you all so very much. Have an amazing week! xoxox

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

Sister Dyer <3 
Sister Stats 
Elder McMullin - from my first area in Ajax. He's so tall! 
Canada is beautiful...
Montana's - Don't worry - I saved the bib!

No comments:

Post a Comment