Monday, March 31, 2014

Birthday = Success!

Dear Family and Friends, 

FIRST THINGS FIRST - Congrats to my dear friend Ashlie on her wedding. :) I saw some pictures and you looked BEAUTIFUL. So happy for you. I'm glad I could have my birthday on your wedding day....don't worry - I will never forget your anniversary. Love you!

Another thing - there were lots of emails this week, so I'm sorry that I won't respond to everyone individually. Love you all though!

Sooo my birthday was top notch. Honestly....I could not have asked for a better day. Where to start....We went to Denny's for breakfast because you get a free meal if it is your birthday! Remember that everyone....go to Denny's! We then traveled to District Meeting. Sister Hadley is another sister missionary in our district, and it was her birthday too! Sooo our District Leader brought cookies, and they sang us Happy Birthday. We had planned to go bowling today with them, but we had to reschedule because we didn't have enough k's. So that was great! Then we went to lunch at this place called Shoeless Joes. You get free dessert there....it was so yummy. I was so full though....oh well, it was my birthday. From there we went to Kristie, John, and George's. Kristi made me a homemade cheesecake! They also bought me a sweet card and a cute blue rocking horse miniature thing....hard to explain. But they are so sweet! Not sure if I've mentioned much about them. Kristi isn't a member, John is her husband and George is John's brother. John and George are both recent converts. From there we went to teach Steve (also a recent convert) at Tim Horton's. Tim Horton's is always a hopping place....and everyone there knows us. Usually Sister Sears will say hi to almost every single person in there....I'm getting there though....I'm starting to remember people's names. While we were there a former, named Hope, came in and she ended up sitting with us and we taught her. It was awesome. Everyone here is so friendly. Next, we skipped dinner because we were SO full from breakfast and lunch so we went to see Lynda and Sandy (recent converts yet again). We taught them and then Lynda had all of these extra Christmas Crackers that we opened. They are just things that you pull and you get a toy of some sort, a crown, and a joke. Funniest joke of the night - 

"What do you call four bullfighters in quicksand?"
"CUATRO SINKO" hahahah, so awesome. 

From there we went home, I put the candle in my cheesecake and blew it out. Then President and Sister Scott called to wish my a Happy Birthday, which obviously left me grinning from ear to ear! They have been such amazing mission parents. I can't believe they are going to be leaving soon. 

So yes indeed, it was a magical birthday. And thank you so much for all of the gifts and cards. I felt so loved! Don't worry - I'll be home next year for the big 2 - 1. Crazy. 

Other exciting things that happened this week....our investigator David is doing so well! Such a miracle. So he is 58 and his girlfriend just joined the church in another stake somewhere in Ontario (not sure where), so he's been quite interested with the whole thing. He set a date to quit smoking, as well as a date for baptism on May 8th (who knows what is significant about that date?) Well, it gets better. He came to church yesterday and even bore his testimony! What in the world. I'm not going to lie....I was a tad nervous when I saw him walking up there, but he went up there and expressed his gratitude for the Lord in being there for him throughout his life. It was awesome. Then after church there was a potluck, and he stayed for that as well. He is doing awesome. Such a tender mercy!

Katelynn and Michaela were supposed to come to church yesterday with their mom, but they insisted that they would walk, and it just so turns out that yesterday it snowed. A lot. Mother nature......

It was also Steve's birthday this week. He was sustained yesterday to be the Young Men's President, and he even blessed the Sacrament. He is doing really well. We bought him a candle and a muffin from Tim Horton's and sang him Happy Birthday. It was great. 

I was able to do visiting teaching this week!! Apparently we get assigned to be visiting teachers here in Napanee. It was terrifying, but fun. I'm an amateur with this kind of stuff. One of the members I visit teach made me a chocolate cake, and they all sang me Happy Birthday (see pictures). It was so awesome and soooo delicious. 

So this week, also with Steve, we buried some swords....in his mom's back yard. Let me explain. We had talked to him about burying weapons of rebellion, so we had him write down some things on a paper sword and we decided to do it with him. Then we literally took a shovel, and buried them. It was really hard though because the ground is still so frozen....so the swords didn't go too deep, but hey! It's the thought that counts. 

Things in Napanee are picking up. It is starting to warm up, despite the random snow storms. I didn't even have to wear tights on Saturday! Oh! The Women's Conference! Wasn't it awesome?! I loved it. When the primary kids started singing "Teach me to Walk in the Light," I totally started crying. The Spirit was so strong. How incredible it is to be a member of the true church. 

I can't think of much else to update you on. I hope that everyone enjoys General Conference this week!! Have a prayer in your heart and listen to the Spirit. We all have something to learn and something to take away.

Things truly are going well for me. I realize more and more that my time is winding down wayyyy quicker than I would like. It's scary to think about, so I try not to think about it. So, I don't know why I'm writing about it, haha. I love you all. Thank you for all of the support. I am so grateful for all of the prayers. I know that God is aware of each of His children. I know that He wants us all to be happy. I KNOW that there are people who are starving for their souls to be filled....and I am so pumped to find all that I can. 

I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Corinne Jean Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

My first birthday cake - so cute!
Canada is so beautiful!!!
One of the member's houses...favorite place.
Last day of being 19.....
My birthday gifts!
Best Birthday Ever!
Sister Hadley - also the birthday girl!!
Shoeless Joes lunch! 
My cheesecake from Kristi!
Tim Horton's with Steve!
It was such a beautiful sunset...not sure if you can tell!
Lynda and Sandy. Such great people!
The crowns from our Christmas Crackers!
:)
Making a wish... 
Talking to President and Sister Scott! 
So happy! And I love my new jacket! 
All in a day's work....so happy

No comments:

Post a Comment