Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy November :)

Dear Family and Friends,

Is it really November? What is happening to the time?

Okay. Best thing ever this week. I finally got the pictures from the MTC from Mom. I will admit - a few tears were shed as I looked through them all. That was the hardest/saddest/craziest/happiest/scariest experience of my life. Leaving behind my amazing family and going into the unknown. That is something that I have learned to love about my mission. Every single day is like walking into the unknown. You never know who you are going to meet that day or what is going to happen, it's the best. Hey, thanks to Jessy for the letter as well. :) You always know what to say.

Niagara Falls was so much fun last week. I'll make sure ya'll get lots of pictures. It was really cold, and really beautiful. It felt weird being so close to my homeland. :) I will admit though, the Canadian side is better....It was so fun to go with Michelle Oswald, Sister P, Sister Bradshaw, and Sister Mendenhall. Sister Bradshaw and I were the only Americans in the group, so we took a picture by the American side. :) It was a great get-a-way and I hope to go back soon. When we got back from Niagara Falls, Sister P and I were talking to Sister Oswald about winter boots. Next thing I know, she went downstairs, and brought me up some perfect winter boots. She graciously gave them to me, and I am so grateful. Now I am all set for winter. I have a coat and boots, and I didn't have to spend a dime. :) I'm so frugal….be proud Dad. ;)

Yes, it is true. I have basically been on my mission for 6 months. Which means, this amazing experience is 1/3 of the way over. This time next year I'll be headed home to my favorite people in the world. I'm glad that I don't have to think about that for another year though. It has been hard, but it's the best. I've probably mentioned this before in past emails, but I'll say it again. Before my mission when all the RM's would say "A mission is so hard, but it's the best," I would just agree with them but secretly think - "It can't be THAT hard or no one would be going." Well, they were all right. It's SO difficult and I've never been so pushed in my entire life. Yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world. There is a deep sense of peace that comes from helping others draw closer to their Savior.

Kerry is doing well. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday because she went to visit her daughter who is away at the University. She is still progressing though - I love her! Cleveland came to church yesterday! We talked to him last night and he told us how much he loved church. He's been to church a lot, and sometimes he just falls asleep. Yesterday he said he felt something different though. We are hoping that this helps him make some progress because as of right now, he isn't sure about baptism.

The Healy Family is great, as always. Laura had to work yesterday, so they didn't come to church. Also, her husband is only home every other weekend, so that's going to be tricky. We taught Ricki (9) this past week. We used a fun game that has a racetrack with spaces that say either things that will help us get to Jesus, or things that will not help us get to Jesus. He loves cars so it really caught his attention. He loved it. :) It was like playing a game with Brynn.

We are working with some amazing Less-Actives as I've said in the past. Sister Jackett has been LA for awhile now, but she has come to church the past 2 Sundays and is doing really well. Liz Hughes hasn't made it out to church yet - but she is introducing her friend to the gospel. We are going over there on Wednesday to meet her friend, Donna. Liz is so amazing. She just lives right by our apartment, and I'm grateful for that because she honestly would do anything for us. I am excited to continue to work with her. I'm pretty sure working with LA is what this area needs right now. There are so many who just need to be reached out to. I love working with them and seeing that light come back into their eyes.

This week a girl from the ward left on her mission to London, England. I have gotten pretty close to her so it was another tough goodbye.

Halloween was fun. :) We had to be in our apartment by 6 pm so we didn't go Trick-or-Treating. :(  Haha, but we did have dinner at the Julian's, AKA BEST FAMILY EVER. We are also going over there tonight for dinner.

Okay here is the moment of truth about transfers….I'M STAYING! Imagine that, eh??? Sister Puruganan is headed to the glorious land of Guelph, Ontario. I will be getting a new companion and her name is Sister Woolf. Sister Woolf and I were in the same district in the MTC and let's just say - we had a lot of fun together. We are going to have so much fun, and I am so excited to stay in this area. I made it through without a disruption Dad!! I feel really good about it. Although, I will really miss Sister P. I learned a lot from her, but the biggest lesson would be humility. She is the most humble person in the world, and she really knows how to love. She will do amazing things in her life, and it was a privilege to serve with her.

Canada is freezing. It's usually about 0 degrees when we go out in the morning. With wind. Thank goodness we have a nice car that heats up fast. Poor Sister P has been so cold. The leaves are still falling and freezing to the ground. There is frost every morning. I can't wait to see snow on the ground. :) Tis the season!

I love you all, and I hope you have a safe and amazing week.

You're all in my prayers.

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"


Headed to Niagara :)
So beautiful.
Posing Pigeon.
Proud to be an American.
Sister Oswald - My Angel!! :)
The Americans on the American side ;)
I WANTED TO BUY THIS SO BAD!
Cute, eh?
Rippley's Believe It or Not
The Sisters :)
This is for Jackson :)
This is also for Jackson….
Last one for Jackaroo
Me at Niagara
Sister P and me :)
Saying goodbye to Sister Smith :)
Beautiful puppy :)
Happy Halloween. Cutest package.
Look at my cute fam :)
Our cute Sunday dinner. A member made us all of this food.
The Hamilton Zone
The Mountain District! And the ZL's

No comments:

Post a Comment