Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy "American" Thanksgiving :)

Dear Family and Friends, 

Happy Birthday Grandpa Russ and Grandpa Ab!!! You both are the best. I hope you got my letters. I love you both!

It was a marvelous week for the dynamic duo - Woolf & Hardcastle. Doesn't that sound like a Law Firm? Sister Woolf and I were able to achieve the S.O.E. (Standards of Excellence) this week. We were able to see 3 of our investigators at church, and they all loved it. Who should we start with…

Okay, Ayse (Isha). She is from Turkey and speaks very little English. Her daughters were former investigators and that is how we found her, so cool eh?! We got a turkish Book of Mormon and she is loving it all. She thought church was really great too. It is so fun to teach her because it's so basic. It also helps that her daughters can translate for us!

Jackie and Xavier. They also came to church yesterday. They are a part-member family. Everything should be lined up for Jackie's baptism at the end of December, so we just need to get Xavier on board with it. I love them. We went to teach them last week and the Dad bought us Cheesecake to eat after the lesson. So awesome. 

The Medina's didn't come to church yesterday. We're still working with them. They are so awesome. Every time we go over there, Frank asks - "Are we getting baptized today?" Ahh I love it. 

We found a lot of new investigators this week, and the work is booming. I have no complaints...other than...it is really cold. Yesterday morning it was -10. I made Sister Woolf clear off the windshield while I sat in the warm car. ;) 

President Taylor (Dad's mission companion) took Sister Woolf and I out for dinner this past week. :) It was so much fun. I showed him pictures of our family, and he was very impressed. Great work Mom and Dad!

Here's a little run down on all of the families we are teaching right now - 

1. Healy's (Canadian)
2. Medina's (Columbian)
3. Vieyra's (Spanish)
4. Ayse & her daughters (Turkish)
5. Futuma & her kids (African American)
6. Mary and Michael (African)

I love how diverse Canada is. LOVE LOVE LOVE. 

So I'm starting the Book of Mormon from the beginning and there is something that I would love to share with you all. I'm starting to look at Nephi in a whole new light. As I was reading 1 Nephi 3 it hit me how much it applies to being on a mission. Laman and Lamuel were murmuring saying that going to get the plates was too hard to accomplish. There have been times on my mission when I feel the same way. However, Nephi is the perfect example of always following the commandments of the Lord. Whenever I'm feeling like I can't do this anymore, I'll have a companion, member, or one of you say something that will remind my of why I'm here. 

Verse 15 - "As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord commanded us." 

In other words "As the Lord liveth, and as I live, I will not go down unto the wonderful land of Bountiful until I have accomplished the thing which the Lord commanded me." 

In other words again - "Return with Honor"

As Thanksgiving rolls around this week I just want to express my gratitude to all of you. THANK YOU for always supporting me and reminding me how much I am loved. I feel so eternally thankful to my Father in Heaven for entrusting me enough to come to this place. I love it here, and I cannot imagine my life without the experiences that I have had so far. My life has forever been changed.

Have an amazing week. Don't eat too much turkey! Also, when you go around the table and say what you are thankful for say this for me - "I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the Atonement. I am thankful for every single one of you. I am thankful for my loving Heavenly Father and Savior. I am thankful for my mission."

I LOVE YOU!

Love,

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"


President Taylor and me :)
Goofing off :)
I wanted this so bad…
Matching hats :)
Tis the Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment