Monday, October 27, 2014

Welcome Lincoln!

Dearest Family and Friends, 

I am the proudest aunt in the entire world! Lincoln Albert Hardcastle is such a cutie. Congrats Landon and Hannah! Can't wait to meet the little guy in a few short weeks. 

This week was fantastic, just like the rest. 

I love sharing my testimony. There are a few tender experiences that I wanted to share with you. :)

We had the best dinner appointment with Brother and Sister Zehr. They are an older couple that are recently returning to activity in the church. We felt so inspired to talk with them about the Sacrament and it was perfect. It was one of those times that the Spirit is so thick that you can almost touch it. I felt the Spirit so strongly testify through me to this dear couple about the Atonement. It's remarkable to see people come back to church and partake of the blessings. 

We found a new investigator last week, Christopher. We brought a member with us, but Christopher wanted to sit outside. It was SOOOO cold. I sat on this freezing concrete floor, and everyone else sat on a bench. My hands were numb, and I couldn't feel my legs either. We got to the part of the First Vision, and I held the picture in my cold hands and said a silent prayer for help reciting it with clarity and power. When I started saying "I saw a pillar of light..." I felt the greatest warmth come over me. My hands were not cold anymore and I wasn't shivering. In fact, I felt warm and so much peace. I was able to recite it with such conviction and it was another testimony to me that our message is 100% true. Tender experience. 

We have been working with this less-active member, Julie. She's been struggling so much lately, that it makes me just so sad for her. We felt inspired to watch a Mormon message with her about the Atonement. As the video finished, we turned the lights on and with tears in her eyes she said, "You girls always know exactly what I need. That was perfect." I love the Spirit! So powerful. 

I got a letter from Jaclyn this week that had a picture enclosed of me hugging Eli with tears. On the back she wrote that that was the day I said "See you later" to him. Can you all remember May 8th, 2013, when we all said "See you later"? That was such a hard thing to do. However, I've been thinking a lot about our "Heavenly Home" when we all said "See you later" to our Heavenly Parents. I wonder if it was hard to leave. The reunion will be so joyous. The purpose of our mortal life is to have experiences that will prepare us for the eternities. One of the purposes or blessings of a mission is to prepare us for the rest of our lives through the experiences we're given. So because of that letter that Jaclyn sent me, I was able to better understand the plan of our Heavenly Father. 

Inge Funk is another new investigator. She knows a sister in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir which is how she knows about the church! She is a sweetheart. 

We dropped our investigator Joseph. It was a hard lesson. The Spirit was so strong, but he just wasn't feeling it. He's been investigating for 18 months and has no testimony, so we told him that we couldn't keep teaching him if he wasn't willing to keep commitments. Dropping investigators is worse than breaking up with someone. I had tears in my eyes! It's difficult when those you love so much won't accept the gospel, but his time will come. 

We were able to help in the community at a Halloween Festival! We helped hundreds of kids play mini golf for 2 hours. Sister Womack and I were so TIRED afterwards. It was lots of fun though. 

Brother Paul Borg is my favorite less active ever! We taught him on Saturday night. As we were leaving his house I noticed a huge pile of leaves, so naturally I jumped in them. Haha, I'll send pictures. Then we looked at his house, and he is looking through the window laughing at us. Being a missionary is the best. 

Madison Tenny! She is the granddaughter of one of the members. She's progressing so well. Her dad won't let her get baptized until she is 12, so she's getting baptized on November 30th. She was sad that I wouldn't be there, but it's okay. :) She is progressing so much. Kids just get it.

We had dinner again with the Lipop family, which are just like Jac and Matt. And their little boy Sam is Eli's age. I love it. 

As you can see, things are going so well. We are busy and happy and most of the time warm, but sometimes cold. I have absolutely no complaints. :) I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that it is true. I know that our family is eternal, and what joy that brings to me. I can't wait to see all of you, but until then....3 weeks to work, work, WORK!

I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

This is a picture of when we went to Applebee's like forever ago....
Look who we found.
Tea time with Amanda! 
LINCOLN!!!! 
Mini Golf....
Pretty accurate. 
Haha, happy fall!
We were SO tired.
Love you all! 
Yours truly.
Silly companionship :)

No comments:

Post a Comment