Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day!!

Dear Family and Friends, 

First things first - IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL YESTERDAY! You have no idea how happy I was when I realized how many people were there. Thank you all for making my day! That is the last time we will do that before I'm home.....bittersweet....I think, yes?

Next....preparation day next week will be May 20th, because May 19th is a holiday. SO I will be emailing on Tuesday, not Monday. 

So my year mark was just a normal day in the mission field....weekly planning, lunch at the park, coordination meeting, teaching James, teaching Mike, talking to people, planning some more, etc. It was a very warm day though, so no complaints. :) I can't believe it's been a year. I remember last Mother's Day in the MTC I was basically distraught and thought I would never see my mom again....now it's been a year and I feel like I get to see her SO SOON. Love you mamma. 

I'm not going to have too much to say because I just talked to you all, but I do have some funny stories that happened this week.

First....we had dinner in Centreville last Wednesday (the home that I skyped you at), and we decided to walk around their home after dinner and talk to people walking their dogs, working in the yard, etc. The first thing we saw was a baby chipmunk, then a rabbit, then a bunch of cows. We started talking to the cows and asking them to come over and see us....well....the whole herd of them starting walking towards us....then the leader of the pack did this scary jump and they started to come faster and faster towards us. Sister Puruganan was about to die she was so nervous. Good thing they were fenced in. It was scary, but so hilarious. Later that night I held a chinchilla. Animals....

Another funny story takes place in the village of Roblin, which is about 15 minutes north of Napanee. We were going up to do some service for some non-members, but they weren't feeling well, so we decided to knock a few doors. Roblin is a lot like Centreville....farm country. Well, we got to the doorstep of one of the houses and next thing I know, Sister Puruganan is screaming and running away. Well, there was a bird's nest in the wreath of their door and she scared the bird so bad that as it flew away it pooped all over her. It was priceless. I will send pictures. :) Don't worry. She had such a good attitude about it and just laughed it off. 

James, our investigator getting baptized, is doing so well. He completely quit coffee now and reads the Book of Mormon like it is his job. It's awesome. We have some other awesome people that we are working with, so hopefully they can start progressing. On Saturday night, we were doing our usual drop by and invite people to church for the 84,930 time. We had a referral that we needed to contact, so we went to this house, not knowing what to expect. The lady opened her window on the second floor and expressed how she couldn't come down because she had just showered. We told her we were missionaries and she said we could come back in 30 minutes. So we did, and she let us in, and she gave us chocolate and a cold drink. We showed her how to listen to the Book of Mormon online, because she doesn't like to read. Then we found out that she knows a member of the Branch Presidency really well. She's awesome. :) God is so good.

During District Meeting our phone kept ringing....low and behold it was President Scott. He called twice....like 10 minutes apart from each other. Needless to say, my heart dropped. Turns out he just needed to give us an update on some people because he technically presides over the Kingston District. It was pretty cool to talk with him on the phone for a bit though. President and Sister Scott only have about a month left on their mission. :(

I'm not sure what else to say. I love you all. Thank you for being so supportive and so amazing. I couldn't do this without you. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

The cows that wanted to attack us....
Our reaction after the cow incident....
Fun pictures :)
Not the best angle....but I'm literally holding a chinchilla!
One year...
Thanks for the Pooh Bear, Jac :)
One year package....thank you!
Poop story....hahah
Morgan....my Kallie while I'm gone <3
Love you all!
:)
Sister P calling the Philippines....so cool to hear her speak Tagalog!

No comments:

Post a Comment