Monday, May 5, 2014

Come What MAY and Love It!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Congrats to my girl Lizzy on her wedding day today. :) I will be thinking of you!

So, yes the rumor going around is true! This week does mark my one year. Exciting! What an incredible year. I can sum it up in just three words - tears, trials, and triumphs. I wouldn't trade it for the world. These next six months are going to be the best!

Not much has changed up here in the north. It's nice and sunny today, but it has been rainy and windy the whole week. Which makes missionary work quite an adventure. One fun thing that happened this week - 

We had an appointment to teach Steve, the recent convert, but it was raining so hard outside. We didn't want to meet at Tim Horton's because it is always so loud and distracting in there....so we decided to each get umbrellas and go to the picnic table down by the river. It was sooo cold and wet, but so awesome. We each were huddled up over the scriptures so they didn't get wet. It was one of the best lessons ever. The memories of a mission are priceless. :)

We had Zone Training this past week in Kingston. I don't know if I've ever talked much about the Kingston Zone, but it is very tiny compared to the other zones in the mission. In fact, there are only 7 companionships! So we get pretty close to each of them, it is awesome. At the meeting, we created our own Title of Liberty. We compared Captain Moroni to President Scott and came up with this -

"In memory of the one who needs us, our past, our present, and our future, our love for our Savior and our God, our duty to stand for truth while time flies on wings of lightening, our families left behind, and in remembrance of His great and last sacrifice: personal, infinite and eternal."

The way we got into making our own Title of Liberty is the question of what motivates you to fight? That is such a good question for all of us to ponder. What motivates you to keep going and to do all that you do?

James is doing so well! He came to church again, and is preparing for his baptism on his birthday on May 28th! I love teaching him. It's the most humbling and joyful thing in the world. 

I colored my hair this past week. It turned out well. Doesn't look too much different than before. I'll send pictures!

I wish I had more to update you all on....This week we did a lot of finding. We met some super awesome potential investigators that we are excited to work with. The work is truly hastening....

You know that awkward moment when you are tracting and someone answers and lets you right in? It's the best thing, and it totally catches you off guard. Yup, that happened this week with a nice old man named Gerald. Apparently he has met with missionaries in the past. And his cousin is our Branch Mission Leader! Small world. His friend Grace was there, so we were able to teach them both. Awesome!

I am so excited to talk to you all on Sunday!!! This week was so crazy busy that I didn't really arrange a time....but I do know which member we are going to skype at. I just need to figure out times and then I'll have a member email one of you to let you know. :) Also, I will be calling on Saturday night to confirm everything. When I call this time, don't give me any big news like you did last time. :) Please and thank you.

Mommy - this paragraph is dedicated to you. I remember last Mother's Day I was in the MTC and I was pretty bummed from missing you. However, I have slowly come to realize that the experiences that I am having here are going to help me become a mother like you. You truly are the most Christlike and selfless person I have ever met. How grateful I am to Heavenly Father that He sent me to you. You are my angel here on earth and I love you dearly. Thank you for all that you do for me each and every day. I feel your prayers and I have never once doubted your love for me. 

To all the other mothers in my life - aunts/sisters/grandparents/etc - I love you all so much!! I hope everyone has an amazing Mother's Day. :)

I love my Savior. I love His work. I love my calling. 

Have an amazing week! Xoxoxo

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

Colored my hair! 
I got to see Sister Woolf!! Woot woot! 
Package from Dal and Jess! Thank you SO much!
Yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment