Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy November!

Dear Family and Friends, 

I want to wish Dallin and Jess a wonderful trip to Thailand!! Don't have too much fun. :)

What a marvelous week. I can't get this smile off of my face. So many wonderful moments to share with you all!

On Saturday, November 1st, we woke up to SNOW! I was so happy. I really wanted to see it snow at least one more time before I left. It didn't last too long, but still! The coldest I saw this week was -3 C. So not too bad. There are leaves absolutely everywhere. There is this one road that we drive all the time, and it was all covered with leaves on Sunday. You could barely see the road. Beautiful sight, let me tell ya. 

Last Tuesday we dropped by one of my favorite less-actives, and she let me try on some of her wigs, and as a result....I got front bangs today! I'll send pictures. For Halloween I was Velma from Scooby Doo. I didn't take a very good picture of the whole outfit, but I'll send one of the wig. It was awesome!! We had a trick or trunk activity, and the members didn't recognize me at first. Priceless.

I went on my last exchange to the blessed land of Brantford with Sister Felix! I love her so much. We had a great day together and met some of the most amazingly prepared people. It is such a surreal feeling to know that you are exactly where God needs you at a precise moment. 

Skills and Interviews was on Thursday. President and Sister Clayton are such great people. I love being with them one on one. They truly take the role of mom and dad while you're away. President Clayton is so inspired, and I can tell how much he loves the Lord and this mission. After all, it's the best mission in the world, right? Perhaps I'm biased. :)

We had to be in by 6:00 p.m. on Halloween, so that was when we did our weekly planning. It was fun to look out our window and see some kids going trick-or-treating. We didn't see too many though because it was raining and dark. 

I told you all about the Jacobs family from Africa, right? They are doing so well. We had trouble getting in touch with them over the past few weeks, but they came for a church tour and definitely felt the Spirit. I love this family!! They told me that I could come back and stay with them any time. :)

Madison Tenny is so ready for her baptism! November 30th is the day!

The Gravis family, from the Hamilton Mountain Ward that I spent Christmas with, came to visit me yesterday! When I saw them walk into Sacrament Meeting, my heart dropped!! It was soo good to see them. When I skyped you all for Christmas it was at their house. They are my Canadian family!

Well family, life is beautiful. It really is. We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so nothing can bring us down for too long. In chapter 5 of Preach my Gospel it talks about how the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. Without the Book of Mormon, we have no religion. I was thinking about what the keystone of my life is. My testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven is the answer. There is no testimony without a trial. My testimony was cultivated and rooted because of my mission. Without my mission, I'm sure my life wouldn't be as joyous as it is now. I can't really put into words how I am feeling right now, but suffice it to say - I love this church. It is true, and we are an eternal family. I love all of you so much. 

Take care of yourself. I'll see you all soon. I LOVE YOU!

Love, 

Sister Corinne Jean Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Such a fun time!
This is from our nature walk last week.
Sister Hardcastle 
Super bright, but this was a super dead squirrel!  
I love nature.
Like my wig?
My "Velma" wig! 
I love Sister Felix!
My favorite Brazilian family!!!!
My travel plans came in the mail.... 
Found this on the sidewalk! I love you all!
My pumpkin hat 
:)
Who said you can't carve half a pumpkin in 10 minutes? 
SNOW! And Velma....Happy Halloween! 
Sister Gravis!
Brother Gravis. Haha, silly guy.
Madison Tenny <3
This is not a wig. This is real!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment