Monday, July 28, 2014

"The Gospel is not weight; It is wings - It carries us."

Dear Family and Friends, 

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO MY ELDEST BRO TOMORROW!! I love you Nans! You don't look a day over 20. ;) Have an amazing day. 

Also, Happy Birthday to Aunt Lisa on Friday!! Love you lots!

This week was AWESOME. Although I do have some bad news....Unfortunately after a long stretch of a perfect driving record, I got an aggressive driving on the TiWi in the car. This device tells you if you drive too fast, turn too sharp, stop too fast, etc. Sooo, apparently I was driving too aggressively. Sister Puruganan could not stop laughing after it happened, which made me laugh, so now we just laugh about it. Don't worry, it won't affect anything. :)

We found such a sweet new investigator this week, Tom! We met Tom through Courtwright (the one who always feeds us, isn't a member). Tom came to church with Cortwright two weeks ago, and we started teaching him this week. He came to church again yesterday and loved it. He is one of the most open and sincere people I've ever been blessed to teach. He hasn't set a baptismal date yet, although he is pretty much prepared and could get baptized very quickly. So we'll see how it goes! 

Jim....Miracles never cease my friends! We taught the Plan of Salvation to him and his wife on Thursday night. I can't express the love that was in that room. After the lesson was over, Brother Leavens practically bore his testimony to us. He expressed that he still isn't sure what he is going to do as far as joining the church, but then he added - "One day, if I don't join the church, I'll probably wish I listened to you two." (He said this with a huge grin on his face). Love him! 

Hope....Didn't come to church again. Bless her heart. She keeps all of the commitments, but then something comes up so that she can't come to church. We'll see what happens with her.

I mowed a lawn for one of the elderly sisters in the branch. It was so much fun. But man, allergies. Enough said. 

We have an entire trout in our fridge right now....long story....but yeah we'll be good on food for the week! Haha, I'm falling in love with seafood, thanks to my dear companion. 

Sister Puruganan and I decided that we needed some change, so we rearranged our entire apartment the other night. It is sooo much better. It feels like a whole new place. I love it. Change is a good thing!

James is doing awesome! He is reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. He said he was reading in 1 Nephi 11 when it talks about the Holy Ghost being in the form of a dove, and then he told us about how soon after his baptism, he was sitting in his room looking out the window, and there was a dove on one of the trees staring at him. Chills! That was before he received the Holy Ghost. Isn't that so cool? After our lesson with James when he was saying the closing prayer, I cheated and opened my eyes to look at him. The physical difference in him is apparent, and I know I've mentioned it before. He doesn't even look like the same person. He is glowing....So grateful for him. 

This week I experienced so many tender mercies and confirmations from the Spirit that I am exactly where I need to be. In the lessons with Tom and Jim I felt the most inner happiness that is hard to be described. It's a happiness that doesn't come overnight, but comes because of a relationship with my Savior. How grateful I am for the love that He shows to me each day. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, often through other people. 

In regards to the title of my email this week - this was a quote given in General Conference in April. Isn't it so true though? I find that so many of the less actives that we visit don't come to church because they feel either it takes too much time or they don't want the commitment. Not necessarily only with church, but with simple things like reading the scriptures. What they don't realize is that all of these things are not meant to weigh us down, but give us freedom. I just love that quote.

I wanted to finish off this email with a scripture in John 21:15-17.

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs"

"He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

"He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep."

I love you all, more than you'll ever know!

Love,

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Animal Lover....
A baby mouse....It died. :(
:) 
Stephanie and her fam at her baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment