Monday, January 20, 2014

Come unto Christ

Dear Family and Friends, 

Happy Birthday to my Messy Jessy tomorrow! Love you so much Sis! 

Happy Birthday to Ashley and Wendy as well! :)

Things are going well on the mountain here in Hamilton. Did I ever mention how much I love this area?? Well I do. Lots. So here's the deal. Transfers are on Sunday. So hold the mail until I give you the go next Monday. If I stay, that would be a miracle. 6 months in one area...fine by me. :)

We had Skills + Interviews this past week with President & Sister Scott. They are so amazing! It's going to be hard to say goodbye to them in 5 months or so. They have been my parents while I've been here. President Scott challenged us awhile back to think about some of the "weapons of war" that we need to lay down. It was so amazing to talk with him for 15 minutes or so. It's always very refreshing. 

Sister Woolf and I experienced one of the most amazing lessons together this past week. Last Monday night, we had an appointment fall through. We felt impressed to go see Mary and Michael - (always listen to a prompting). So we went, and holy cow, miracles happen. We taught them a few commandments, then we read from 2 Nephi 31 about baptism. Michael has said that he wants to be baptized, but we didn't have a date for him yet. Mary finally has given him the go. When we invited Michael to be baptized, he said yes, but when he is 12, which is in June. We were confused about why he would want to wait until he turned 12, and I don't think Sister Woolf and I really knew what to say. Here is where the amazing part comes in. Mary (who doesn't want to be baptized) saved the day. She basically told Michael that he can't wait until he is 12. She kept saying - "Michael, this is for your soul. You need to go to heaven. You can get baptized now." Can you just imagine the look on Sister Woolf's and my face? We looked at each other in shock. Mary went on to say - "Jesus is coming again Michael. It's time for you to be baptized." I wish I could have recorded all of this. It was one of the most tender experiences of my whole mission. I couldn't even speak because I had tears in my eyes. Michael agreed to be baptized on the 26th (next week). Such a miraculous lesson. It's moments like this on a mission that make every single rejection worth it. I mean that.

Well, I had the flu this past week for a few days. Something crazy is going around. Lots and lots of people are sick right now! Luckily, Sister Woolf didn't get it. That girl has an immune system made out of gold. 

We saw the Vieyra family several times this week. The whole family came to church yesterday!! Jackie and Xavier are so prepared to be baptized, only time will tell. When we went to see them on Saturday night they had gotten us tons of treats. Man, so much for being good in 2014! 

Yesterday we had a pot-luck with the Gravis', the Cushnie family, and our investigator Ian. It was so much fun. We watched the restoration video. Tim Cushnie told us how he is baptizing Ian on February 2nd. So we were like - "Ian, do you want to be baptized on Feb 2nd?" He agreed. :) He is so cool. He is 18 and still in high school. Member missionary work is the bomb...It's so awesome because we teach him every Tuesday at 4, then have dinner with the Cushnie's at 5. I love Tuesdays!

We're still working with George. Hopefully he will be able to be prepared to be baptized this Sunday with Michael. We are teaching him everyday this week, and just really helping him overcome some things. 

Amazing things are happening right now. The work is hastening and moving right along. Yesterday Sister Woolf and I went to Young Women's with Jackie and they played the new theme song for the youth this year - "Come unto Christ." It is so amazing. You all need to listen to it. 

He's the One who healed the leper, 
and who brought the dead to life.
He's the One, who fed the hungry, 
and who gave the blind their sight.
He's the One who walked on water,
then brought them safe to shore, 
And whenever you may need him,
He's the One you're looking for. 
So let Him in, and He will take away your pain.
When you feel His love you'll never be the same. 
Come Unto Christ, Come Unto Him, 
and by His grace be made holy again.
He's calling your name. 
He's waiting for you with arms open wide.
Come unto Christ.

I love you all so very much. Thank you for all that you do! I am so grateful to be where I am right now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Keep going, stay strong. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Tami Tarr - one of my favorite members :) 
Like my bear costume?
Sis Arnold. One of my favorite less-actives!
Xavier, Lindsey, Sister Woolf, and me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment