Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Week Gone, eh?

Dear Family and Friends, 

I told quite the story last week, eh? But it's okay because this week brought a miracle. It also brought a trip to the Doctor's.. 

But first - 

HAPPY 75th to Grandpa Larry on Wednesday! You're the healthiest 75 year old out there - no doubt. I love you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE ELDEST SISTER KATIE! Woot woot! Next year it'll be your golden birthday :) I love you Katie!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE OLDEST NEPHEW JACKAROO! I love you Jacks. Be a good boy :)

We have another very special date in our family this week. Tomorrow marks 8 years since we were sealed to our angel Brynn. Brynn I am forever grateful for you! You completed our family!

I guess I'll start with the Doctor Visit. About two months ago I cut/scraped my wrist. It actually was pretty bad, but I never did anything about it. Just these past few weeks it's started to look infected, and it's itched a lot. I was on an exchange this past week with one of the Sister Training Leaders and she made me call the mission nurse for it. We had to drive for an hour to get to the doctors and let me just tell you - I do not like Canadian Healthcare. The doctor came in with flip flops and a polo t-shirt. It wasn't a trip to Dr. Cope's that's for sure! Indeed it was infected, and I'm on a oral antibiotic as well as an antibiotic cream. It is looking SO much better, but it is going to scar pretty badly. What can you do though eh? 

You guys - I've turned into a Canadian. I say 'eh' all the time. It's BAD! Gah I can't even think about what it's going to be like in a year from now. 

Back to the exchange that I went on.. Her name is Sister Waldron and she is from Weston, Idaho. She is an amazing missionary, and it was the best exchange I've been on. I love being able to work with other missionaries and learn how I can be better.

This past week I had a very touching personal study. I was studying Alma 5, and there are SO many amazing questions asked. Everyone go read it. 

So I'm getting to the biggest miracle of the week, but first - We were able to see the Moulton's again this week. I hope that I've mentioned Andrea in the last email. But just a re-cap. Levingston Moulton is a member, and his wife Andrea is not. Andrea is the greatest person though. She reminds me of Katie! I love being around her. We gave her a tabbed BOM and she was so excited to read it. She loved how the tabs were rainbow - and ever since she's been reading! She has a job that will make her work Sunday's - but we just keep praying! 

So Thursday was the day that we went to the Doctor, so it honestly wasn't a good day at all. But, we had an appointment set up with this woman named Lisa. Lisa is married to Christ and they have two teenage girls. One of the teenage girls is on an exchange in Brazil for a year, and the other one is joining our lesson tonight :) Her and her husband were planning on coming to have a church tour. I hate to admit it, but I wasn't in the mood for anything. My wrist hurt because the cream made it sting so bad, and it was just discouraging. Until we met Lisa. She is GOLDEN. She was found a couple weeks ago by Sister Anderson and her last companion. It's amazing how timing just works! Sister Anderson felt inspired to text her and set up an appointment, and I'm so glad she did! It was hands down the best lesson that I have ever had on my mission. She came so prepared, she'd read lots from Mormon.org. She was expressing how all the other churches she would attend just didn't feel right. When we were sitting in the chapel talking, the Spirit was so strong. She shared how her mother had passed away when she was 19, and how hard that has been for her ever since. She wanted answers, she wanted comfort. She came to the right place, because that is exactly what this Gospel does. Her husband had to leave in the middle of the lesson, but he doesn't want much to do with religion. He just came to support his wife. Lisa accepted baptism so well and is so excited. She said the only thing that would be holding her back would be her husband, if it's not okay with him. The very last question that she asked us that night was - "What happens when I die?" GOLDEN! We gave a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, and told her to read it and that we would talk about it next time. 

I left the chapel that night with so much joy in my heart. I love being a missionary! I have never felt the Spirit speak through me like it did that night. 

We were able to see Lisa again, and we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She had been reading the pamphlet and the Book of Mormon with her daughter, and they both are so excited. She loved the whole plan, and she knows that it is true. I love Lisa and being able to teach her is a privilege! She wasn't able to come to church yesterday because of prior commitments, but she is already making plans for this next Sunday :)

Speaking of church yesterday.. Sunday mornings are so stressful. We had 4 investigators lined up for church with rides and everything. None of them worked out! Sister Anderson decided that we just need to laugh instead of cry. That's become our motto of this transfer. Laugh instead of cry. :)

I love Woodstock. I love Sister Anderson. I love being a missionary. I love the people. I love my life. Pure joy really does await all of those who serve God before anything else. I love this Gospel! 

I love you all very much. Thank you for all that you do. 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

Found this in our apartment! I'm IN LOVE!

Check out our view!

My Wrist. Gross eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment